Wednesday 26 June 2013

home decor with the silhouette portrait

Hi all, I found these heart shaped mdf coat hooks in a cheap and cheerful shop. They were cream with black writing on originally that said love they were £1 each so I got them with a view to giving them a revamp.  My son got a flat a few weeks ago and is living with his girlfriend so I thought it may be a nice personal gift if I made one each with there names on and one for guests.  He wanted them in reds and blacks so I made the decoration with black vinyl and just painted the bases in red acrylic paint. the bird cage design was 69p from the silhouette store and the lettering was a font I already had on my pc.  The flourishes were one of the free designs I got when I purchased the machine. I have to say I love this machine it doesn't just beat the cricut its not even in the same league can't wait to have a go at some other stuff like t shirt vinyl and glass etching watch this space more playing to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment