Monday 16 December 2013

upcycled frame

Hi guys,

I have just had my living room revamped we had a multi fuel burner fitted which cost a small fortune !! So pennies were tight so i decided to re vamp rather than replace with new. I had a picture in a black frame that no longer fitted in with the rooms new decor so i attacked it with some sandpaper and gesso. Then i used some acrylic paint and distressed it then stamped it and used my mica powders for a bit of shimmer. I want to do something similar to my tv unit when i get round to it so this was a bit of a trail run really.  Then i created the background using the same stamps and coloured inks. I also re used the original mount distressing it again with my inks. Then using my silhouette portrait i cut the saying i did have to split it up into two  as it was too large for my cutting mat but that wasn't too complicated. Once i had finished i did realise if i hung it on the wall i had planned to it would disappear into the wallpaper, so i popped it up on top of the china cabinet until i decided where to put it then i thought umm i like it there so that's where its going to stay hope you like it. It took a while to find the correct words for our family but these certainly fit us lol. Thanks for looking xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment